SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES IN PLACE TO ENSURE SAFE SWIMMING
We have implemented the following measures to ensure safe social distancing both in and out of the water. Please adhere to there guidelines so that we can all stay safe and healthy at this time:
- - All swimmers should book on through the online booking system. Those who turn up and want to swim on the day will be unable to do so
- We do not accept cash or cheque payments
- The changing facilities are closed and so we ask that all swimmers come ready to swim.
- We have a bag drop in between the entry and exit point and ask all swimmers to place their belongings in that area.
- Please can spectators in the compound be kept to a minimum. We believe that would be one parent accompanying a junior swimmer. Other spectators can watch from outside the compound as there are various points around the lake where you can see the swimmers.
- Please queue at the marked out points ahead of entering the water.
- Please give your name on entering and exiting the water.
- On exiting the water, please collect your belongings from the bag drop and leave that area as quickly as possible to allow for the smooth flow of traffic in and out of the compound.
- Below is a diagram of the flow of traffic through the compound:
IN THE WATER:
- Please avoid swimming over the top of other swimmers.
- If you need to stop at the buoys, please move away from them so that other swimmers have at least 2m between you and them as they swim round.
- Please be aware of your own swimming ability. If you are nervous or feel that you are unable to complete a full lap, do not push yourself.
- Junior swimmers should be aware that open water swimming is not like swimming in the pool and so, if you feel nervous or daunted following your first lap, please do not feel under pressure to stay in.
We want everyone to have an enjoyable experience and so, if we all follow these guidelines, we will be able to do so.
Our operating procedure for swimmers can be downloaded as a PDF HERE:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at:
Thanks everyone for your supportt!